He wasn’t great, but he was real and we all kind of dug that.

I knew a guy once named Mike Csoka. When I knew him, he was shriveled up old sign painter working out of a shack in Norman, Oklahoma. At the time, I worked at a custom bike shop (my Ford F970 Killer will be released soon… Inside joke, sorry…) and we’d bring over tanks and other tin for him to stripe or letter. He wasn’t great, but he was real and we all kind of dug that.

See, Mike got his start with paint in WW2 as a nose art and patch man. Once back from the war, he figured sign painting was the gig for him. He set up shop in Norman and lived and worked there until he died in 1999.

I had forgotten about Mike until recently when I was cruising around the internet and found a secret stash of old hand painted patches from WW2. Enjoy and contemplate fellas… These are special and very much related to our hot rodding roots.

A Time To Get



Related posts:



Related posts:



0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий